Burns & McDonnell
Systems Engineer jobs are vacant in Vancouver,OR. The Burns & McDonnell it's specialized into Engineering industry. Currently the headquarters are in Oregon.
Systems Engineer job positions are vacant on Burns & McDonnell company, located in Vancouver with a rate of $48.20-110.50/hour.
More details about the job listing:
Project work includes civil structural design of utility infrastructure including electrical substations both overhead and underground transmission lines pipelines renewable facilities and EV charging stations. The market is continuing to evolve due to technology advancements and policy changes. Projects partner with utilities to design plan and improve the modern electric grid. Civil Structural tasks within the group include:
* Design of both shallow and deep foundations including slab foundations mat foundations spread footings strip footings drilled piers and steel piles.
* Design and analyze structures for utility infrastructure including electrical substations pipelines and EV charging stations.
* Analyze rigid bus systems to assess the structural capacity of insulators and stress and deflection in the aluminum bus.
* Design of oil containment systems for electrical equipment.
* Modify and review production drawings for a variety of projects.
* Research and compile project related data as required. Assist in preparing studies and design reports.
* Assist in the construction execution including development of construction specifications cost estimate preparation.
* Communicate with design team for specific project requirements.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program.
* Or Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural or related Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering FE exam.
* Master of Science degree in Engineering may be substituted for one year of experience.
* Successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering FE or Engineer-in-Training EIT strongly preferred.
* Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
* Prior internship and or related consulting experience preferred.
* Involvement on campus or in the community.
* Basic knowledge in standard structural engineering techniques principles and procedures.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
* Proficient computer skills e.g. Microsoft Office Suite .
* Basic computer skills include structural analysis programs e.g. RISA AutoCAD and BIM e.g. Revit and Tekla .
* Strong attention to detail facilitation team building collaboration organization and problem solving skills.
* Demonstrated leadership skills.
* Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.
EEO Minorities Females Disabled Veterans