Northwest Regional School District
Substitute Preschool Teacher jobs are vacant in Hillsboro,OR. The Northwest Regional School District it's specialized into Education industry. Currently the headquarters are in Oregon.
Substitute Preschool Teacher job positions are vacant on Northwest Regional School District company, located in Hillsboro with a rate of $9-29/hour.
More details about the job listing:
Location: Nestucca Valley K-8
Reports To: Building Principal
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Salary: Classified Salary Schedule
Contract Days: 182
This position carries out program activities as planned and scheduled by licensed personnel and provides instruction to individual and small groups as directed by the licensed staff. This position monitors student safety and behavior in various settings.
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge Skills Abilities Required:
* Experience working with children and knowledge of child development
* Associated Degree or ability to complete program to attain High Qualified Paraprofessional status
* Ability to work as a part of a team and able to function independently
* Exhibit professionalism and effective human relations.
* General knowledge of computer usage and ability to use database software e-mail internet software spreadsheets and word processing software.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Performs some or all of the following tasks under the direction of a licensed teacher. Other duties may be assigned.
* Provides instruction under the direction of licensed teacher.
* Implements class school and individual student behavior plans.
* May assists students with functional skills including toileting eating dressing and mobility.
* Is trained to perform delegated nursing tasks including catheterization emergency medication administration.
* Receives training from specialists SLP OT PT etc. to use equipment or to provide follow-up for various therapies.
* Takes and maintains data as needed and required by licensed teacher.
* Maintains students safety and monitors appropriate behavior at recess in class and during bus loading and unloading.
* Notes discipline issues and completes proper paperwork for reporting such incidents.
* Participates in restraint training as required.
* Maintains confidentiality.
* Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
* Attend in-services and training as required.
* Follow District protocol for reporting absences.
* Annually pass the District s required online training by the District s assigned due date.
* Perform physical requirements unaided or with the assistance of reasonable accommodation.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and work year to be according to the current negotiated contract.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of Board policy.
* Establish and maintain a positive and respectful working relationship with students staff administration parents guardians and community members.
* Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with staff and customers at all organizational levels listening to others without interrupting keeping emotions under control remaining open to others ideas and focusing on solving conflicts .
* Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about participants families and staff.
* Maintain dependable and consistent attendance and punctuality.
* Follow all laws District policies rules regulations memos announcements and reasonable requests by proper authority
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Frequent or prolonged standing walking and sitting.
* Crouching to work with younger students.
* Possible moderate to high noise level.
* Frequent and prolonged talking listening in conversations meetings.
* Requires accurate perceiving of sound near and far vision depth perception.
* Requires handling and working with a variety of materials and objects.
* Work may occasionally involve lifting carrying objects weighing 25-50 pounds.
* Work may require lifting or assisting in lifting a student or physically restraining a student from harming self or others.
* Possible exposure to bodily fluids due to student injury or illness.
* Possible exposure to bodily harm due to student behaviors.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities skills duties requirements efforts functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to modify or delete any aspect of this job or the position itself at any time as it deems advisable.
The Nestucca Valley School District is an equal opportunity employer and provides services to the public on an equal opportunity basis and does not discriminate in employment or the provision of public services on the basis of race color religion sex national origin age disability political affiliation or belief citizenship or marital status. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities or individuals with limited proficiency in English. Contact the District Office for assistance.
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities may contact the Human Resources Officer at 503-392-3194 x403 for additional information or assistance. Speech Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon telecommunications Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900.