SoC Power Flow Methodology Engineer jobs are vacant in Portland,OR. The Powin it's specialized into Engineering industry. Currently the headquarters are in Oregon.
SoC Power Flow Methodology Engineer job positions are vacant on Powin company, located in Portland with a rate of $48.20-110.50/hour.
More details about the job listing:
Powin Energy is a global leader in the design and production of highly scalable battery energy storage systems including both modular hardware and predictive software controls. Powin has distinct competitive advantages over other players in the emerging energy storage sector: cost-effectiveness reliability deployability and operational sophistication. Having captured significant share of the grid-scale market over the last few years Powin is poised for continued rapid growth in the immediate future.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Powin s Hardware Engineering team is seeking a self-starting Lead Electrical Power Engineer with high voltage AC and DC wiring and system design to support our large and small scale battery energy storage products and installation. This position will lead an off shore team responsible for designing and supporting the wiring and power conversion needs of our systems at the battery container and installation level.
This position will be responsible for generating engineering design and validation requirements from internally generated product requirements and provide design guidance and requirements while working collaboratively with a team of mechanical electrical and electronic engineers both locally and in China in the development and support of large-scale battery energy storage systems. A proven ability to drive projects to completion strong design and engineering skills and ability to manage projects within budget and timeline constraints are all keys to success. Strong understanding of power grid operation and experience with power conversion system integration preferred.
* Develop electrical product specifications and test plans for large scale battery electric storage assemblies.
* Manage and review design package creation for customer specific drawings working with applications and sales engineering.
* Work with vendors and procurement to source electrical components to be utilized in our product designs.
* Utilize remote design teams in China to create electrical design deliverables and perform electrical testing ensuring compliance to NEC70 and other applicable standards and guidance.
* Lead electrical safety reviews including FMEA FTA and hazards analysis as necessary.
* Support certification efforts with documentation and technical support.
* Design DC wiring and power distribution up to 1500 Volts.
* Design AC wiring and distribution for battery and enclosure equipment.
* Work with multiple power conversion vendors to ensure 3 phase AC power distribution interfacing.
* Low voltage control wiring design.
* Generate electrical designs using CAD software.
* Interact with Mechanical Electrical and Electronic Engineers to develop complex electromechanical assemblies.
* Generate efficiencies through ongoing design improvement component consolidation and cost reductions of existing product lines.
* Ability to solve problems independently and manage the workload of multiple projects and tasks.
* Ability to work cross functionally explain designs and concepts to others with different backgrounds degrees.
* Flexible with design iterations and changes in direction.
* Attention to detail.
* Electrical Engineering Degree or related experience.
* 7-10 years of industry experience.
* Experience with local and international codes and standards applicable to electrical design including but not limited to NFPA NEMA UL CSA IEC EN.
* Proficient with CAD software specifically AutoCad.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
READY TO JOIN POWIN
Working at Powin is more than a job. Life at Powin is an opportunity for personal and professional growth and a journey into the unexpected. Powin employees often experience moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.