Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
SMTS Silicon Design Engineer (89722) jobs are vacant in Portland,OR. The Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. it's specialized into Engineering industry. Currently the headquarters are in Oregon.
SMTS Silicon Design Engineer (89722) job positions are vacant on Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. company, located in Portland with a rate of $48.20-110.50/hour.
More details about the job listing:
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is recognized globally as one of the leading design firms for advanced technology industrial projects. We design of some of the most complex and specialized facilities being constructed today including projects for semiconductor manufacturing data centers and other state of the art manufacturing facilities. Our services include feasibility studies long-range planning studies and the full spectrum of design services from conceptualization through construction support. Project delivery strategies include design bid build design build and Integrated Project Delivery and are often highly collaborative with the client general contractor and trade partners. Fast-tracked delivery is standard procedure in today s environment where time to market is critical. We do difficult work for demanding clients and they come back to us again and again because they know we re the firm who can deliver.
The key to our success is our culture of continuous improvement innovation team-oriented work practices and respect for each individual. Our projects exceed client expectations because each member of the team takes complete ownership not only of their individual scope but for their teammates needs and for the project as a whole. If you are up to the challenge come be a part of our vibrant dynamic team and help us deliver world-class designs for industry-leading clients around the globe.
At Jacobs we re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design digital technology and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery GID teammates. By joining Jacobs you ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams as we work to build a company like no other.
Our Structural Designers determine how to best convey structural requirements to the construction team through traditional 2D paper deliverables and or BIM 3D Revit models. They are much more than drafters picking up red marks. You will be an integral member of the design team using strong communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with Structural Engineers other disciplines and construction trade partners.
As a Tool Install Structural Design Site Coordinator you will be part of a fast-paced team focused on providing the structural requirements for installing tools used to manufacture semiconductor wafers including designing pedestals equipment anchorage and utility supports. Working with other engineers and designers of our multi-discipline team you ll convey field conditions to the design team utilizing notes sketches and marked-up drawings. You may periodically attend review meetings with clients and construction trade partners taking notes and reporting back to the design teams.
You will be responsible for managing your own workload making and keeping your own commitments and taking full ownership of your product. You will be given as much responsibility as you are willing to take and your opportunities for career growth will be limited only by your own motivation capabilities and attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Primary job responsibility is to perform field walks on client site.
* Create easy to read field notes detailed sketches or redlined design drawings of existing field conditions.
* Coordinate field documentation with related disciplines to support design development resolve problems and avoid clashes.
* Highly focused on quality checking your own work to ensure conformance with established discipline standards project standards and project delivery processes.
* Take complete ownership of their portion of the scope reliably working to meet schedule budget and quality requirements.
* Highly proficient in checking own work and coordinating work with related disciplines to avoid clashes.
* Proactive in advancing workflows systems and tools within their own discipline including design automation skills. Embraces emerging technologies.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
* Able to perform field walks. Though not common this may include climbing ladders crawling under raised access floors or walking standing for extended periods of time.
* Performing field observations and taking detailed notes.
* This position will primarily be based on the client site.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum of 2 years of drafting design experience in the Structural engineering field.
* Minimum of 1 year of AutoCAD design experience.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
Ideally you will also have:
* Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting or equivalent.
* Experience with traditional steel and concrete structures.
* Experience in semi-conductor industrial or general industrial facilities.
* Experience in general construction.
* Experience with Navisworks and Bluebeam.