Senior Electrical Engineer - National jobs are vacant in Portland,OR. The ABB LTD it's specialized into Engineering industry. Currently the headquarters are in Oregon.
Senior Electrical Engineer – National job positions are vacant on ABB LTD company, located in Portland with a rate of $48.20-110.50/hour.
More details about the job listing:
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow providing solutions for a smarter safer environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity. Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically we also reduce costs energy consumption and emissions. This role reports to Service Team Leader. As a Service Technician you will be responsible to Execute medium to high complex service work according to work instructions and in accordance with the ABB standard processes quality standards and safety guidelines. Deliver excellent customer service to satisfy customers. In close co-operation with customer and other ABB teams take actions to identify new Service business opportunities for ABB.
* Provide a deliverable paralleling switchgear system that can perform the following modes of operations such as open transition closed transition peak shave load shed load add balance of plant.
* Lead site deliverables for the customer maintain a schedule document changes in scope document site delays and interface with Project Manager.
* Leadership of a site commissioning team that consists of switchgear engineers power deliver field engineers generator technicians and electrical contractors.
* Maintain interface with product engineering team for project scope system sequence of operation and field modifications.
* Completion of project and daily reports consisting of short duration safety plans field service reports redlines and method of procedure.
* Completion and compliance to all safety requirements.
* Ability to travel at least 80 of the time.
* BSEE Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering with minimum 5 years of field experience and technical training can be accepted in lieu of degree.
* Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
* PLC Programmable Logic Controller programming and interface to Paralleling Switchgear Design.
* PLC RTU Remote Terminal Unit DCS Distributed control system and Computer controlled SCADA Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems with a focus on Power Delivery equipment and Paralleling Switchgear Operations.
* Mandatory understanding of Power Delivery equipment as it pertains to data center and healthcare application.
* SCADA HMI Human-Machine Interface or GUI Graphical User Interface all are operator interfaces mostly developed around Cimplicity Wonderware iFix Proficiency Citect and RSView applications.
* The ability to create the graphic interface the customer uses to operate and manage the system.
* Fundamental understanding of hardware network design and various communication protocols such as ControlNet Modbus Profinet etc. This involves polling or extracting information out of the field devices.
* Ability to interpret the Protective Relay settings in relationship to the system.
* Deep understanding of Distribute Energy Resources diesel generator steam gas turbines solar wind hydro and battery storage systems that can island or operate in parallel with the utility grid is helpful
* Knowledge of synchronization hardware such as Woodward Governor is essential.
* Ability to read and understand system one lines power three lines and equipment control and layout drawings.
* Operation controls and testing of all aspects of Low Voltage LV and Medium Voltage MV switchgear.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all challenge yourself every day. Let s write the future together. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity EEO and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race creed color ancestry religion sex national origin citizen status age sexual orientation gender identity disability marital status family medical leave status or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant please visit the following websites: http: www1.eeoc.gov employers upload eeoc self print poster.pdf http: www1.eeoc.gov employers poster.cfm. http: www.dol.gov ofccp regs compliance posters pdf OFCCP EEO Supplement Final JRF QA 508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.