Portland Trail Blazers (Rose Quarter)
Security Officer - City jobs are vacant in Portland,OR. The Portland Trail Blazers (Rose Quarter) it's specialized into Security & Protective Services industry. Currently the headquarters are in Oregon.
Security Officer – City job positions are vacant on Portland Trail Blazers (Rose Quarter) company, located in Portland with a rate of $14.80-29.45/hour.
More details about the job listing:
As a Facility Security Agent you will provide protection for all Rose Quarter facilities property employees and guests through observation monitoring of alarm systems CCTV systems and access systems. This role is key in supporting our operational value around our dedication to safety with an emphasis on providing a safe and fun environment not only for all of our guests but also for all of our team members.
We are currently hiring for day shift 8a 4p swing shift 4p 12a and graveyard shift 12a 8a . This position is part time regularly scheduled up to 30 hours per week.
As a critical member of the team you will be responsible for:
* Performing scheduled and random checks of designated areas throughout our facility and property by patrolling on foot to check for security breaches and investigating suspicious persons or activities.
* Monitoring the entry and departure of persons in and around our facilities through CCTV systems.
* Operating and monitoring building access fire command and alarm computers in the Command Center in addition to assisting maintenance team members in securing an area during a maintenance emergency.
* Maintaining radio communications with members of the Security Team and other departments.
* Assisting advising and relaying information to other departments within the company.
* Responding to fire panic and burglary alarms while assisting in the evacuation of guests and employees during emergency situations.
* Being responsive to security and medical incidents as they arise.
* Assisting medical and law enforcement personnel by directing traffic taking lead on crowd control and securing necessary equipment.
* Answering inquiries and providing information to the public investigating complaints and recommending corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
* Maintaining time management equipment key control use and incident records.
* Checking facilities and equipment for needed maintenance and repairs.
* Handling daily shipping and receiving mail delivery and associated logs.
* Maintaining operational records and preparing related reports using Microsoft Word Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
* Assisting with Lost Found.
* Providing mentorship or instructions to other team members.
* Performing related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
You re qualified if:
* You are at least 18 years of age.
* You have received a high school diploma or general education degree GED or four year degree from accredited college or university.
* The ability to obtain a Department of Public Safety Standards and Training DPSST as unarmed Private Security certification.
* You can demonstrate an ability to assign review and check the work of other employees as well as provide instructions about procedures and help in resolving problems.
* You understand and communicate in conversational English and follow verbal and written direction.
* You have the ability to handle stressful or difficult situations in a professional manner.
* You possess a valid current State Issued Driver License.
* You are highly organized and detail oriented.
* You are proficient in basic computer skills Outlook Excel Word etc. .
* You are able to lead a diverse group of employees.
* You demonstrate a track record of positive relationships with co workers management and outside vendors clients.
* Experience as a security agent preferred.
If you have experience and are passionate about security then take the next step and apply to our Facility Security Agent role
Offers of employment are conditional upon the results of a background investigation. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories and review results on an individual basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to being champions of diversity in our organization and community. We are also a drug free workplace which aligns with ADA regulations as applicable.
Perks that come with the job:
* Discounted tickets to Blazer games select RQ events and Regal Cinema.
* Wellness initiatives including our Employee Assistance Program.
* 50 50 TriMet Discount Program 50 off monthly TriMet passes.
* Flexible scheduling working with your availability.