Portland General Electric
Quick Lube Technician jobs are vacant in Gresham,OR. The Portland General Electric it's specialized into Mechanics & Installers & Service Tehnicians industry. Currently the headquarters are in Oregon.
Quick Lube Technician job positions are vacant on Portland General Electric company, located in Gresham with a rate of $14-35/hour.
More details about the job listing:
We re searching for innovative customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world s clean energy future
Supervisor – Field LIne — Gresham Line Center
In this role you ll provide oversight to field transmission and distribution employees in safely installing maintaining and repairing the power delivery system. This position is critical in supporting our crews in working safely and effectively and serving our customers by supplying them with safe and reliable power.
Key Job Information
Supervisor Field Line 6786 Grade 8
Career Level: M1
Field Staff Management: Supervises a team of technical bargaining-unit staff typically journeymen or equivalent responsible for performing operational work to ensure the safe timely and efficient completion of work efforts relating to the construction operation maintenance and emergency restoration of the electric transmission and distribution system partners with supervisor Field Operations to provide daily supervision of team ensuring that all relevant standards procedures are followed.
Field Visits: Visits crews in field observes prejob and post-job briefings provides on-the-spot coaching and feedback related to field work verifies prejob conditions serves as a liaison between other departments and field crews removes barriers to ensure field crews can complete work in a timely manner provides work authorization and a point of escalation for field crews.
Safety: Observes employees to ensure they are following all safety rules conducts field visits to ensure team members have the appropriate tools and equipment to perform work safely resolves safety issues concerns in an appropriate and timely manner communicates safety lessons learned and promotes continuous learning of safe work methods practices and procedures.
Labor-Management Relations: Ensures work is performed in accordance with all union contracts and agreements responds to questions and concerns from crews regarding union work rules serves as a liaison between field crews and Labor Relations Human Resources resolves issues or concerns while in the field.
Monitoring and Controls: Observes and monitors work to ensure timely completion conducts visits and field observations to ensure team members have the appropriate tools and resources to perform the work monitors progress and ensures work is completed to regulatory and PGE standards adapts work goals or expectations to meet changing business requirements or working conditions.
Internal Collaboration: Coordinates jobs with other PGE departments and forms strong cross-functional working relationships in coordinating activities and expediting information and material sharing provides company-wide subject matter expertise for area supervised leads coordinates or participates in special projects.
Customer Relations: Coordinates jobs with customers provides timely information to all customers is responsive and proactive in addressing all customer concerns and complaints in a timely and responsive manner.
Compliance: Enforces crew compliance with federal state and company laws standards and requirements. Financial Management Monitors and manages expenditures ensuring that all financial targets are met and examines any areas where budgets expenditures vary from plan.
Resourcing: Implements resourcing decisions and planning for team partners with HR in the definition of jobs recruitment evaluation and selection processes.
Professional Development: Maintains knowledge of skill-development tools resources advises on required outcomes for learning or development from knowledge of available tools and organizational development needs assists employees in creating development plans and monitors progress.
Experience and Education
Experience: Prefer five or more years of experience in an electric utility with a focus on transmission and distribution or a related field specifically ideal candidates have experience journeyman lineman one year of leadership experience preferred.
Education: Requires a bachelor s degree in IT business engineering or related field or equivalent directly-related union experience.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
* Advanced knowledge of utility operations including tools and equipment.
* Advanced knowledge of policies and procedures related to area of specialization service and installation or substation for example .
* Advanced knowledge of crew functions and duties related to area of specialization.
* Advanced knowledge of tools and equipment used in PGE meter operations.
* Advanced knowledge of vehicle equipment and tool functional limits related to line construction.
* Advanced knowledge of PUC requirements for construction repair and service work.
* Advanced knowledge of safe construction methods and PGE s standards of construction.
* Advanced knowledge of PGE s electric service requirements National Electric Safety Code NESC and National Electric Code NEC .
* Advanced knowledge of all PGE and Oregon OSHA safety rules.
* Advanced knowledge of personal protective equipment.
* Intermediate knowledge of department policies practices goals and objectives.
* Working knowledge of applicable collective bargaining agreement s .
* Working knowledge of applicable federal and state laws such as but not limited to DOT ODOT FERC and OPUC.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software customer information systems and other PGE systems.
* Working knowledge of PGE s geographic service area.
* Working knowledge of PUC meter and billing requirements level of expertise needed depends on area of specialization .
* Working knowledge of tailboard process and risk mitigation.
* Advanced analytical thinking skills.
* Advanced conflict resolution skills.
* Advanced customer focus skills.
* Advanced decision-making skills.
* Intermediate negotiation skills.
* Advanced organization and prioritization skills.
* Advanced problem-solving skills.
* Intermediate project management skills.
* Advanced written and oral communication skills.
Plans and Aligns
Physical and Cognitive Demands
* Ability to adhere to set response times deadlines and time-sensitive tasks
* Ability to follow accuracy standards
* Ability to follow through on decision-making tasks
* Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively within a team environment
* Ability to communicate and problem solve when under stress
* Ability to respond and adapt to frequent change
* Ability to accept and demonstrate self-awareness when provided constructive feedback
* Ability to discern feedback and acknowledge ownership of areas of improvement
* Ability to avoid future mistakes by applying reasonable skills to new but similar work situations or tasks
* Ability to successfully collaborate with peers managers and others within the organization Demonstrates sound memory
* Ability to process new information to be applied consistently to work tasks
* Ability to work long hours
* Ability to work a variable schedule
* Ability to report to work and perform work during periods of severe inclement weather
* Ability to consistently meet attendance standards for regular reliable predictable full-time attendance
* Ability to work shift schedule
* Ability to work on-call schedule
* The position requires a valid driver s license and a history of safe driving practices.
* Frequent driving travel commute within service territory
* Occasional overnight driving travel commute inside outside the service territory
* Lifting pushing pulling: Up to 50 lbs.
* Carrying: Up to 50 lbs.
* Unstable surfaces requiring balance:
* Elevated areas i.e. catwalks roofs and high buildings
* Confined spaces
* Walking distances and surfaces long distances and over rough uneven or rocky surfaces
* Stairs over 10 steps
* Ladders over 10 rungs
Environment: Office Plant Field
Join us today and power your potential
To be considered for this position please complete the following employment application by the posting close date. A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company and at the same time support your well-being and professional development both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race color national origin gender gender identity sexual orientation age religion disability protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
This job posting will close at 12:01 am Pacific Time on the closing date listed below: