Process Development Engineer jobs are vacant in Portland,OR. The Microsoft Corporation it's specialized into Engineering industry. Currently the headquarters are in Oregon.
Process Development Engineer job positions are vacant on Microsoft Corporation company, located in Portland with a rate of $48.20-110.50/hour.
More details about the job listing:
* Must have a bachelor s or master s degree in Electrical Computer Engineering Computer Science or a related degree.
* 8 years of pre-silicon SOC or IP verification experience with 3 years of experience verifying DDR HBM subsystems and or DDR PHY against industry standard DDR protocols
Additional Preferred Requirements:
* Experience with IP verification for multiple product cycles from definition to silicon including writing IP level test plans developing tests debugging failures and coverage signoff
* Deep expertise in one or more of the following:
* Solid background and understanding of high-performance memory subsystem architectures and principles with related experience. Experience verifying memory controllers and PHYs against cutting edge JEDEC DDR protocols.
* Experience verifying memory RAS features such as ECC CRC and scrubbing.
* Knowledge of types of PHY training algorithms tester algorithms as well as diagnostic and debug mechanisms. Experience with mixed signal verification methodology in the context of PHY verification a plus.
* Hands on experience with debugging post-silicon failures as it relates to training yield failures and field sightings
* Proficient communication collaboration and teamwork skills and ability to contribute to diverse and inclusive teams
* Experience creating and maintaining test benches checkers and Verification IPs BFMs using SVTB and UVM
* Aptitude for writing scripts software with industry standard languages like Python
* Experience doing technical planning for IP verification
* Proficient leadership skills
* Experience solving complex IP verification problems
* Demonstrated success in running cross-disciplinary taskforces
* Experience developing deploying and refining IP verification methodologies to improve team efficiencies
* Experience with Agile software practices
Ability to meet Microsoft customer and or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age ancestry color family or medical care leave gender identity or expression genetic information marital status medical condition national origin physical or mental disability political affiliation protected veteran status race religion sex including pregnancy sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The Silicon Computing Development Organization is seeking passionate driven and intellectually curious engineers to join our pre-silicon verification team. Our team is involved in numerous projects within Microsoft developing custom silicon for a diverse set of systems. We are responsible for delivering cutting-edge IP designs that can perform complex and high-performance functions in the most efficient manner. In this high impact role on the team you will:
* Own verification of one or more areas of custom memory controller IPs DDR PHY and or memory subsystems
* Develop verification strategy test environments tools and methodologies
* Become an expert on the overall IP architecture implementation of complex features flows protocols and their interactions with SOCs and other IPs
* Apply your knowledge of verification principles and techniques and your judgement to write test plans and implement them by developing tests test generators test benches checkers coverage and other verification collateral
* Run tests debug failures to root cause and recommend fixes
* Apply your growth mindset to learn and adapt in a complex and dynamic environment
* Engage with partners to drive continuous improvement to both the design to verification plans collateral and to methodologies to prevent reduce and or find bugs sooner more easily or more reliably
* Provide technical guidance coaching and mentorship to other engineers in your areas of expertise
* Apply your One Microsoft mentality to collaborate with and influence architects logic designers post-silicon validators other verification engineers and tool providers
* Delight your customers by providing high quality results on schedule
* Provide technical leadership with respect and integrity
* Apply your expertise towards post-silicon validation plans tests and debug of your area