Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc.
Manager of Caregiver Relations - Human Resources jobs are vacant in Bend,OR. The Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc. it's specialized into Business Operations industry. Currently the headquarters are in Oregon.
Manager of Caregiver Relations – Human Resources job positions are vacant on Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc. company, located in Bend with a rate of $21-79/hour.
More details about the job listing:
This position operates within broad parameters. The primary goal of this position is to achieve excellence in all facets of commercial. Providing the highest quality product safely effectively and efficiently decreases accidents and errors and increases profits.
* Environmental and Health Safety H S
* Provides a safe environment for all employees customers and visitors.
* Operational Performance Best Business Practices
* Checks facilities to ensure that quality is given a top priority in their preparation of their non ferrous packages.
* Responsible for consolidating inventories and reporting same to regional management and national sales. Sellable finished goods inventories will be relayed to national sales team and a sales plan put in place to keep levels down to acceptable levels.
* Works with Commercial Director and Regional Director to establish the volumes for the purchasing forecast or Buy Plan for the region or geographic area.
* The Buy Plan includes the expected metal margin. After the forecast is approved it is the NFCOMs goal to meet the forecast and report variances up to the Regional Management and Centralized NF Sales Team.
* Diligently and consistently communicates and coordinates with the NF Sales team working as the person on the ground between national centralized sales operations and local efforts.
* Communicates daily with the Commercial Operations Manager and Director Commercial Operations and national centralized sales force regarding current commodity pricing structure and for obtaining information relative to market conditions that may affect the buy program and or the processing facility.
* Such information will be expeditiously communicated to key facility management personnel and the Buyers in a consistent manner.
* Provides buying prices and market updates to all the MRB NF facilities in their respective region.
* Responsible for providing pricing guidance on a regular basis. The incumbent is committed to regular NF yard visits to monitor purchases processing and shipments and identify ways to upgrade improve quality and grading techniques.
* Responsible for being proficient in identification and buying of a wide variety of NF and alloys and assists in buying for the region as necessary to facilitate growth and to contribute to the monthly forecast must be proficient in ways to upgrade material. .
* Responsible for managing the Order Position for the region through the scale systems and spreadsheets and must successfully chronicle open sales in order of contracts while notifying sales force of pertinent time sensitive information.
* Critical leadership required for yard sales processing capable of prioritizing deals as necessary always escalating information to National Centralized Sales Operations team makes certain material is not only sold but moved and packaged as specified requires involvement in ensuring material is shipped within credit rules and regulations.
* As requested ensures all buying and plant inspection personnel understand and adhere to Schnitzer s published specifications for received material.
* Ensures all assigned Buyers gain full understanding of local and regional competition their pricing structure and if possible determine competition s supplier base.
* Information should be continually validated and analyzed by the Buyers and discussed with the Commercial Manager as to how it impacts the execution of the monthly Buy Plan.
* Interacts with the GM and Operational personnel when inbound material may affect typical plant operations.
* Responsible for reviewing NF position report daily production transfers inventory position and maximizes spot purchases necessary to fulfill orders and or to maximize NF sales.
* Assists the National Centralized Sales Team in special projects including buying guidelines cataloging and time and weight analysis and such other projects as assigned.
* Administrative Management
* Monitors and maintains exempt and hourly staff at cost effective and competitive levels.
* Monitors supervisory practices for self and his her direct reports to ensure compliance with HR policies.
* Reviews performance of direct reports.
* Interviews prospective employees.
* Works with Human Resources personnel to prepare job descriptions.
* Special Projects
* Special projects as assigned.
Internal Control Responsibilities:
Supports the Company s Internal Control process which includes understanding communicating and complying with defined internal controls as well as suggesting and making modifications to the policies procedures and controls to better relate to the business. Communicates upward problems in operations noncompliance with the code of conduct or other policy violations or illegal actions.
Internal contacts include all commercial personnel for advising asking questions coordinating customer and sales activity pricing and assisting to maintain company goals office staff for exchanging information on paperwork and computer entry yard personnel for the exchange of information regarding truck movement and incoming material. External contacts include trade organizations and actual and potential customers to provide information regarding pricing acceptable materials and the coordination of pick ups.
Average office environment occasional exposure to dirt and dust related to scrap yard environment. Work pressure can be substantial during peak times requiring considerable adaptability disturbances of work flow and or irregularities in work schedule are expected and occur on an intermittent basis. Some offsite work involves meeting in person with current or potential customers and visiting other Schnitzer locations.
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
Ability to: sit stand or walk for extended periods of time up to 6 8 hours per day bend at waist operate a vehicle use hands to write or keyboard assemble papers staple photo copy use ten key be mobile within an average office environment communicate by phone and in person in a professional manner. Visual acuity to read detailed documents inspect scrap material and use a computer.
Seven to 10 years of scrap metal recycling industry experience required. Incumbent must have experience at the yard level with the ability to properly identify and grade all grades of NF metals ideally as a metals recycling buyer. In addition all candidates must possess or qualify for a valid driver s license for the state in which employment will be given. Local candidates with knowledge of regional market preferred. Ability to speak Spanish a plus. Incumbent must possess a valid driver s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
Candidate must have excellent supervisory and superior customer service skills ability to use Microsoft Office Suite tact and ability to communicate with people at all levels both orally and in writing in a professional manner excellent mathematical and problem solving skills strong negotiation skills attention to detail and accuracy basic typing and 10 key skills. Must have common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral or diagrammatic form deal with problems involving several specific variables in or from standard situations. Heavy to moderate regional and domestic travel required.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc. participates in e verify for all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc. or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race religion color sex marital status disability status national origin or ancestry veteran status age prior industrial injury sexual orientation genetic information or any other protected status under local state or federal law.