Maintenance Engineer jobs are vacant in Portland,OR. The Evraz Inc. it's specialized into Engineering industry. Currently the headquarters are in Oregon.
Maintenance Engineer job positions are vacant on Evraz Inc. company, located in Portland with a rate of $48.20-110.50/hour.
More details about the job listing:
Job Description and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Product and Process Engineering Manager to join our team. This position conducts investigations into plant operations issues affecting hot rolled plate coil yield cost and operational efficiency. The position also conducts product characterizations and leads product performance improvement activities as well as new product development activities.
* Conduct investigations into plant operations issues affecting hot rolled plate coil yield cost and operational efficiency
* Conduct product characterizations and lead product performance improvement activities as well as new product development activities
* Identify product and process improvement initiatives
* Lead multi-disciplined teams to manage process and product improvements and or technical administrative processes
* Serve as subject matter expert in Hot Rolling of Coil and Plate Heat Treatment Pipe and Tube making processes
* Provide technical assistance to operations concerning hot rolling and or heat treating practices
* Support Sales and Marketing in new business development initiatives and provide technical support
* Characterize product performance and determine the statistical capability of key product criteria to ensure consistent product conformity
* May supervise up to three 3 Process Engineers and eighteen 18 Laboratory Technicians
* Bachelor s degree or foreign equivalent in Metallurgy or Materials Science Engineering or a related field
* Minimum 10 years post-baccalaureate experience in hot rolling of steel products and pipe making
* Excellent problem solving skills 6 Sigma Black Belt preferred
* Knowledge of hot rolling of steel and steel products
* Expertise in mechanical testing of hot rolled products
* Able to read and interpret ASTM API CSA and customer specifications
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills able to deal with opposing opinions and effect compromise
* Well-organized self-starter capable of budgeting time to meet priorities while maintaining ac-curacy and functionality
* Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office Products
* Able and willing to support 24-hour rolling mill operation
* Ability to work in heat humidity fumes odors dust and noise
* Other duties as assigned
Our total compensation package includes amazing benefits
* Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
* Family medical dental and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
* Short and long term disability programs
* Competitive retirement plans
* Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
* Employer-provided and Voluntary Life Insurance options
* Paid vacations and 10 paid holiday days per year
* Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
* Tuition reimbursement
* Wellness program
All applicants must be eligible to work in the USA without sponsorship.
While we thank all those who apply only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EVRAZ North America is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex national origin disability or protected Veteran status.
EVRAZ North America is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment please e-mail careers evrazna.com or call: 312 533-3577. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Join a team that manufactures excellence drives success and builds careers