Portland General Electric
Lead Civil Engineer (REMOTE) jobs are vacant in Tualatin,OR. The Portland General Electric it's specialized into Engineering industry. Currently the headquarters are in Oregon.
Lead Civil Engineer (REMOTE) job positions are vacant on Portland General Electric company, located in Tualatin with a rate of $48.20-110.50/hour.
More details about the job listing:
We re searching for innovative customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world s clean energy future
Perform the functions of a mid-level engineer under general supervision by providing expertise for the conceptual design programming and configuration development testing and commissioning of SCADA and Automation systems used in power utility substations and distribution systems. The work consists of complex assignments within a defined nature in applying industrial and or utility automation and SCADA standards for selecting and programming both field and central system components. Ensure substation integration and automation systems provide clear concise and real time operational field information for System Control Center Dispatch functions which coordinates with EMS and Pi databases that are structured to match substation equipment. Ensure various systems are properly linked with EMS and Pi using applicable interfaces and protocols. At NERC critical asset sites ensure equipment and configuration meets CIP regulatory requirements. There is one opening and the level will be commensurate with experience.
* Develop integration and automation architecture for substation and distribution projects
* Specification and Configuration of a variety of vendor equipment including but not limited to:
* Programmable Logic Controllers
* Remote Terminal Units RTU s
* Transducers and Meters
* Communication Processors
* Gateway devices
* Electronic Relays used for power system protection
* Major Equipment Breaker Transformer Bushing etc. monitoring devices
* Network equipment including Ethernet switches routers terminal servers etc.
* Human Machine Interface programs and Hardware.
* Modems media converters radios and other communication devices.
* Development of Automation logic utilizing IEC 61131-3 and Ladder Logic programming languages
* Develop HMI displays for substations and DA systems
* Develop SCADA points list for RTU s to be interfaced with System Control Center SCADA EMS system
* Assist technicians in troubleshooting complex SCADA Communications and control and logic systems in the field.
* Provide field testing and commissioning support for technicians.
* Drive end to end testing for EMS SCADA systems.
* Routine substation visits for equipment and technician support.
* Support a documentation system for SCADA and Automation hardware and software programs
* Support engineering reviews of new substation SCADA Integration and Automation system designs and equipment.
* Provide engineering support for real-time operational data to System Control Center.
* Design maintain and troubleshoot Control Center SCADA Equipment used for interchange telemetering UG Network Monitoring Recloser Distribution SCADA and Distribution Automation and mobile temp switchgear monitoring.
* Provide technical support to NERC-CIP compliance activities and act as SME for SCADA and Substation Automation equipment.
* Communicate verbally and in writing with engineers and company management to present and justify automation systems.
* Provide consultation and technical expertise to various PGE departments.
* Communicate with other utilities personnel to share information and provide technical expertise.
* Provide cost effective integration solutions for integrating devices using multiple standards and technologies.
* Solve integration and automation challenges at various substations where multiple equipment and integration standards are used.
* Keep up with rapidly changing integration and automation technology
* Keep up with rapidly changing networking programming and software technology.
* Investigate system construction maintenance and operational problems and recommend corrective action.
* Analyze causes and recommend solutions to complex but routine operational maintenance problems.
* Evaluate and resolve technically complex problems broad problems with numerous variables of uncertain relationship and magnitude.
* Bachelor s degree in engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering program or program accredited by an equivalent agency.
* Experience: For the Associate Level – Two or more years in related field. For the Staff Level – Eight or more years in related field or five or more years in related field with PE license.
* Professional Engineering PE license strongly preferred may be required based upon role.
* Working knowledge of various devices used for industrial control systems PLC Transducers I O devices
* A basic understanding of electric utility substation protection and control systems
* Ability to read substation schematic and wiring diagrams
* Familiarity with substation equipment and operating mechanisms
* Ability to validate data collected by the integration systems.
* Working knowledge of various major equipment monitoring devices and associated communication and configuration programs and functionality.
* Ability to develop logic using ladder logic programming and IEC61131-3 standards.
* Working knowledge of communication and networking standards such as TIA EIA RS-232 RS-485 Fiber Optic and Ethernet.
* Excellent knowledge of SCADA protocols DNP 3.0 Modbus Serial and TCP IP Modbus Plus L G 8979 OPC and ICCP.
* Thorough knowledge of Network design TCI IP and Modbus Plus and OSI Layers.
* Working knowledge of TCP IP networks subnets and routing and network services and management tools such as SNTP NTP PPTP and SNMP.
* Basic understanding of scripting languages Java VB Python etc.
* Ability to troubleshoot SCADA protocol and SCADA network related issues.
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex logic programming issues substation network issues device malfunction etc.
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Effective group presentation skills
* Effective human relations skills
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Requires a bachelor s degree in engineering
* Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam is preferred.
* Typically requires 3 years of experience in industrial automation utility automation and or SCADA experience.
* Deal effectively with pressure of real-time problem solving.
* Evaluate technical programming requirements for automation projects.
* Work on complex programming problems for substation SCADA and automation equipment.
* Ability to spend extended period in non-office environments.
* Possess the physical ability to access installed equipment at locations substations plants facilities and perform required duties at these locations in all weather conditions
Join us today and power your potential
To be considered for this position please complete the following employment application by the posting close date. A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company and at the same time support your well-being and professional development both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race color national origin gender gender identity sexual orientation age religion disability protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
This job posting will close at 12:01 am Pacific Time on the closing date listed below: