Department Of Agriculture
General Manager(07216) - 1690 Coburg Road jobs are vacant in Springfield,OR. The Department Of Agriculture it's specialized into Security & Protective Services industry. Currently the headquarters are in Oregon.
General Manager(07216) – 1690 Coburg Road job positions are vacant on Department Of Agriculture company, located in Springfield with a rate of $14.80-29.45/hour.
More details about the job listing:
THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on theForest Service website.
See ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for details.
Learn more about this agency
* Duties listed are at full performance grade GS 12 level.
* Provide administrative supervision to a group of highly skilled subordinate fire program managers and specialists.
* Provide leadership coordination and direction for the administration of the fire suppression detection and prevention programs dispatching services fuels vegetation management and the aviation management.
* Establish guidelines and performance expectations for staff members which are clearly communicated.
* Provide leadership in the fire safety program in a doctrinal principles based approach. Ensure that adequate review analysis and reporting are completed after incidents accidents near miss incidents.
* Assist the Forest Fire Management Officer FFMO in directing a fire management program with a high complexity level.
Occasional travel You may be expected to travel overnights on fire suppression or fire related assignments for this position.
* Job family Series
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
Conditions of Employment
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
* Males born after 12 31 59 must be registered for Selective Service or exempt.
* Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and or fingerprint check.
* Successful completion of one year probationary period unless previously served.
* Per Public Law 104 134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
* Successfully pass the E Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E Verify including your rights and responsibilities visit E Verify.
* Must be 18 years of age.
* This is a Test Designated Position. You will be tested for illegal drugs prior to appointment and randomly thereafter. Appointment and continued employment is conditional on negative results.
* Must pass the Work Capacity Test for certain Interagency Fire Program Management or Fire Program Management positions.
* Subject to one year supervisory managerial probationary period unless prior service is creditable. New USDA supervisors must successfully complete all components of the required training program before the end of their probationary period.
* Minimum of 90 days of wildland firefighting experience is required.
* Willing to live work in remote locations volatile unpredictable .
* Some Fire positions may have Conditions of Employment such as: a valid state driver s license a commercial driver s license CDL pre appointment and random drug testing or a physical or medical examination.
* There may be additional Conditions of Employment not listed here however applicants will be notified of any specific requirements at the time a tentative job offer is made.
In order to qualify you must meet the eligibility and qualifications requirements as defined below by the applicant submission date of the announcement. For more information on the qualifications for this position visit the Office of Personnel Management s General Schedule Qualification Standards.
To receive consideration for this position you must provide updated required documents and meet all qualification requirements by the following applicant submission date of this announcement: 15 September 2021 15 November 2021 18 January 2022 15 March 2022 16 May 2022 Closing Date .
Your application and resume must clearly show that you possess the experience requirements. Transcripts must be provided for qualifications based on education. Provide course descriptions as necessary.
Specialized Experience Requirement:
GS 11: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least to the GS 9 grade level. Specialized experience for the GS 11 grade level is defined as managing or assisting with a component of a wildland and or prescribed fire management program. Developing coordinating and implementing a partial fire program budget. Implementing agreements with cooperators. Maintaining relationships with entities external to the organization regarding fire management program issues.
A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M. if related
An appropriate combination of specialized experience and graduate level education beyond what is required for a master s degree i.e. more than 36 semester hours leading to a Ph.D. .
GS 12: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS 11 grade level. Specialized experience for the GS 12 grade level is defined as managing directing and evaluating a fully integrated wildland and or prescribed fire management program. Developing coordinating and implementing a full fire program budget. Negotiating and managing agreements with cooperators. Maintaining liaison with entities external to the organization and spoke for the organization on fire management program issues.
Selective Placement Factors
Successfully completed the Primary NWCG Core Requirement of Division Group Supervisor DIVS AND Successfully completed the Secondary NWCG Core Requirement of Incident Commander Type 3 ICT3 OR Prescribed Fire Burn Boss Type 2 RXB2 Currency not required AND Successfully completed the NWCG Course M 581 Fire Program Management. OR Successfully completed the Primary NWCG Core Requirement of Air Support Group Supervisor ASGS AND Secondary NWCG Core Requirement of Incident Commander Type 3 ICT3 Currency not required AND Successfully completed the NWCG Course M 581 Fire Program Management.
A minimum 90 days experience performing on the line Primary Rigorous wildland fire suppression duties as a member of an organized fire suppression crew or comparable unit that utilized knowledge of wildland fire suppression containment or control techniques and practices under various conditions. This experience must be documented with specific dates in the online application or resume.
In order to be considered for this position copies of your Incident Qualification and Certification System IQCS Master Record or equivalent training documents which contain documented proof of the certification or attainment of the IFPM Selective Placement Factor for this position MUST be attached to your application. Red cards are not acceptable documentation. Currency Requirement: Required to maintain currency once hired into the position. Currency of NWCG qualifications is not required for selection. If not currently qualified the applicant must provide documented evidence that they have been fully qualified in the past and are able to regain currency within one year of being hired. Failure to provide this documentation will result in disqualification.
In order to be considered for this position copies of your Incident Qualification and Certification System IQCS Master Record or equivalent training documents which contain documented proof of the certification or attainment of the IFPM Selective Placement Factor for this position MUST be attached to your application. Red cards are not acceptable documentation. Currency Requirement: Currency of NWCG qualifications is not required for selection. If not currently qualified the applicant must provide documented evidence that they have been fully qualified in the past. Failure to provide this documentation will result in disqualification.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work done through National Service programs e.g. Peace Corps AmeriCorps and other organizations e.g. professional philanthropic religious spiritual community student social . Volunteer work helps build critical competencies knowledge and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience including volunteer experience.
FIREFIGHTER RETIREMENT COVERAGE: This is a secondary position covered under the special retirement provisions of 5 USC 8336 c for the Civil Service Retirement System and of 5 USC 8412 d for the Federal Employees Retirement System.
WORK CAPACITY TEST WCT for Wildland Firefighters: This position participates in wildland firefighting activities. Based on the type of work performed TAKING and PASSING the WCT at the ARDUOUS MODERATE or LIGHT level is a condition of employment.
To receive consideration for this position you must provide updated required documents and meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
See QUALIFICATIONS section for education requirements