Freight Handler Part-Time jobs are vacant in Vancouver,OR. The Alcatraz Cruises it's specialized into Security & Protective Services industry. Currently the headquarters are in Oregon.
Freight Handler Part-Time job positions are vacant on Alcatraz Cruises company, located in Vancouver with a rate of $14.80-29.45/hour.
More details about the job listing:
In addition to the application process please copy and paste the link below into a separate browser window for consideration.
https: portal.cultureindex.com public survey general 6E6B8A0000
The Deckhand is a rated member of the deck department with the responsibility of assisting in the upkeep of the exterior of the vessel and participates in vessel operations emergencies safety issues and security measures including the well being of the passengers and crewmembers at all times while on duty.
Essential Duties Responsibilities
* Comply with safety and pollution prevention regulations and operating procedures
* Responsible for the general appearance of the exterior of the vessel
* Respond to all General Alarms and emergency situations per station billet
* Maintain all decks and outside structures keeping them safe clean and neatly painted
* Handle splice and repair all lines used in mooring the vessel and make bumpers from spent line
* Responsible for tying up untying the vessel at the various ports and also assist with locks
* Perform any duties or tasks deemed necessary by the Deck Officers
* Maintain personal berthing area in accordance with company policy
* Maintain a professional appearance at all times: complying with uniform and grooming standards at all times
* Participate and ensure participation of all USCG mandated drills and emergency procedures as directed
* Performs other duties if required since above stated describe only a regular working day and may not be inclusive of every task needed to achieve results
* HS Diploma or Equivalent Required
* Professional Certification s or License:
* O S rating preferred
* Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential TWIC if applicable and or ability to obtain and maintain
* Valid MMC
* Valid Driver s License
* Copy of DD214 if Veteran status
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to interact with individuals at all levels in a pleasant and professional manner
* Proficiency with MS Office applications
* Ability to use independent judgment and discretion
* Ability to work well under pressure and handle emergency response
* Logically and independently plan organize and complete work assignments
* One year of experience
* Cruise industry experience preferred
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the USCG including but not limited to pre employment random reasonable suspicion and post accident incident testing.
Our Values RESPECT
At Hornblower Group and American Queen Steamboat Company our mission is to create amazing experiences not only for our guests but our employees. Our company values RESPECT and operating principles Hornblower 12 allow us to live out our mission of creating amazing experiences.
RESPECT stands for: Respect Environment Safety First Professionalism Exceed Communication and Teamwork. Our Operating Principles known as the Hornblower 12 demonstrate the ways we promise to engage to live those values:
* We treat others guests and fellow crew members alike with Respect by fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
* We are stewards of the Environment through practicing conservation protection and education.
* We believe in Safety First by creating and maintaining a safe and secure workplace.
* We are Professional and will demonstrate that in the following ways:
* We are on time to start and stop and we come prepared.
* We make objective data and logic based decisions with limited emotion.
* We prioritize by making difficult trade offs and fast quality decisions. We follow the 80:100 rule making decisions that are at least 80 right but 100 actionable.
* We Exceed expectations embracing these principles:
* As employees we expect to win but always prepare and passionately compete like an underdog.
* We strive to innovate and reinvent always looking forward and not stuck in the past.
* We value Communication by following guiding principles:
* We listen to each other fellow crew members and guests and are responsive vehemently following the 24 hour rule.
* We are transparent and efficient in our processes and do not entertain politics and bureaucracy.
* Teamwork helps drive us towards success and together we embody teamwork by:
* We function as a team playing our role and trusting our teammates.
* We work hard but have fun and don t take ourselves too seriously.
* And most importantly we take the time to recognize and celebrate our successes together under the Hornblower family
American Queen Steamboat Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and or harassment of any type including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race religion religious creed color national origin ancestry citizenship sex sexual orientation gender gender identity gender expression age pregnancy or relation medical conditions childbirth breastfeeding parental status veteran and or military statue disability physical or mental medical condition genetic information or characteristics political affiliation domestic violence survivor status marital status or other characteristics prohibited by federal state or local law. Additionally the Company participates in the E Verify program in certain locations.