Development Specialist jobs are vacant in Bend,OR. The Playworks it's specialized into Business Operations industry. Currently the headquarters are in Oregon.
Development Specialist job positions are vacant on Playworks company, located in Bend with a rate of $21-79/hour.
More details about the job listing:
ABOUT THE POSITION the Director of Institutional Giving will collaborate with the CEO Chief Development Officer CDO and Playworks colleagues across the nation to strategically grow institutional and corporate foundation giving. The Director of Institutional Giving will be responsible for managing and growing a portfolio raising 1 2M of grants through institutions and corporations annually as part of the overall HQ development team fundraising goals. This is a full time exempt position that reports to the CEO or CDO.
The ideal candidate will bring 7 years of direct experience in development preferably within a national multi site nonprofit organization. The person will also have proven prospecting grant writing and stewardship experience alongside leadership strategy and organizational skills particularly while working within a fast paced rapidly growing organization.
This position has the option to work remotely at our HQ office in Oakland CA or at one of our regional office locations throughout the US. As this position primarily supports work on the West Coast the preferred office hours are Pacific Time with some flexibility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Manage current national institutional funders including stewardship report writing and solicitation of renewals.
* Identify and qualify new institutional and corporate foundation partners to build a funding pipeline.
* Respond to all calls for award nominations including coordinating application storytelling and outside contributors to the process.
* Gather help create and oversee Playworks institutional and corporate foundation resources for Playworks.
Collaboration with Development Teams
* Work with the CEO CDO and other organizational leaders to identify the best strategy for cultivating institutional and corporate foundation relationships.
* Work with the HQ development team to develop the national case for support and participate in presentations to prospects.
* Work closely with program staff at HQ and in the regional offices to understand and communicate funding needs.
* Consult with regional development teams on large institutional asks multi region asks and opportunities to expand requests from regional to organization wide including contributing to proposal development.
* Manage CDO and CEO participation in regional institutional asks as necessary.
* Develop a strong understanding of Playworks value proposition on a national level and how we impact children in schools and communities.
* Build knowledge with current and potential foundation donors about social and emotional learning and how play is a powerful lever for children s well being.
* Increase Playworks visibility by building on going relationships with key stakeholder groups specifically with national foundation program teams.
* Copyediting for development related marketing pieces or stewardship materials.
* Participate in other Playworks working groups and HQ development team activities such as Get in the Game Gala as needed.
* Track record of successfully cultivating and closing a portfolio of foundation funders
* 5 years grant writing or other writing experience required
* Ability to think strategically and implement innovative ideas successfully
* Bachelor of Arts degree
* Experience with Salesforce or other CRM preferred
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent attention to detail and ability to proofread effectively
* Knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies
* Strong relationship management and communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
Playworks offers the full package great benefits a fun place to work and an opportunity to grow professionally.
* This is a full time exempt position with an anticipated salary rage of 90 000 95 000 per year.
* A comprehensive benefits package including medical dental vision disability 401 k life insurance employee funded pre tax health and childcare spending accounts.
* Generous paid time off with Flex PTO sick and holiday leave.
If you re interested in joining the Playworks team please submit a cover letter and resume. Due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to every individual. References will be requested if your application is competitive for the position.
We are committed to racial equity and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color indigenous people gender non binary people and people with historically more marginalized identities to apply for open positions. Our core values of inclusion respect healthy community and healthy play are the foundation of our organization and are infused in all aspects of our work.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. If that is you don t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself
As an equal opportunity program Playworks encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age gender gender identity expression race ethnicity religion sexual orientation marital status physical ability or any other legally protected basis. Playworks evaluates all candidates for employment volunteering opportunities or board service on a merit basis.