First Interstate BancSystem Inc.
Desktop Systems Engineer 2 (ITS Operations and Desktop) jobs are vacant in Medford,OR. The First Interstate BancSystem Inc. it's specialized into Information Technology industry. Currently the headquarters are in Oregon.
Desktop Systems Engineer 2 (ITS Operations and Desktop) job positions are vacant on First Interstate BancSystem Inc. company, located in Medford with a rate of $19-114/hour.
More details about the job listing:
This position may be located at any of the offices within First Interstate Bank s six state footprint including Idaho Montana Oregon South Dakota Washington and Wyoming.
First Interstate Bank is seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining the security and integrity of data and systems. This position will lead the coordination effort with system and or application administrators to remediate security alerts address identified vulnerabilities and respond to information security related incidents.
Information systems security engineers are responsible for improving the overall security posture of the organization. They evaluate test and document security solutions and controls and work closely with other security team members to remediate risk. They establish and or recommend policies on application system and services security provide technical leadership on information systems security to system and or application administrators or others of equivalent seniority.
In addition the Information Systems Security Engineer is responsible for the security aspects in the design of new systems across on premise public private or hybrid cloud infrastructure and represents information security interests requirements in the implementation of information technology systems and policies in support of business needs.
The Information Systems Security Engineer performs post event analysis of security incidents to develop necessary changes in security design and security control implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop and carry out information security plans and policies
* Develop strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach
* Develop or implement open source third party tools to assist in detection prevention and analysis of security threats
* Awareness training of the workforce on information security standards policies and best practices
* Implement protections
* Installation and use of firewalls data encryption and other security products and procedures
* Conduct periodic network scans to find any vulnerability
* Conduct penetration testing simulating an attack on the system to find exploitable weaknesses
* Monitor networks and systems for security breaches through the use of software that detects intrusions and anomalous system behavior
* Investigate security breaches
* Lead incident response including steps to minimize the impact and then conducting a technical and forensic investigation into how the breach happened and the extent of the damage
* Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and or EXPERIENCE
* A B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
* One to three years of industry experience in an information security function.
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional CISS
* CISA Certified Information Systems Auditor CISA
* CEH Certified Ethical Hacker CEH
* CISM Certified Information Security Manager CISM
* ISSAP Information Systems Security Architecture Professional ISSAP
* ISSEP Information Systems Security Engineering Professional ISSEP
OTHER SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
* Expertise in anti virus software intrusion detection firewalls and content filtering
* Knowledge of risk assessment tools technologies and methods
* Expertise in designing secure networks systems and application architectures
* Disaster recovery computer forensic tools technologies and methods
* Planning researching and developing security policies standards and procedures
* System administration supporting multiple platforms and applications
* Expertise with mobile code malicious code and anti virus software
* The IT security engineer should also have experience with and knowledge of:
* Endpoint security solutions including file integrity monitoring and data loss prevention
* AWS and cloud platform as a service PaaS security
* Automating security testing tools
* Chef a configuration management tool
* Git a tool that helps track anomalous changes to files
Strong communication skills are critical to allow effective communication with customers to build positive professional relationships and to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. Ability to read analyze and interpret general business periodicals professional journals technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports business correspondence and procedure
manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers vendors and internal customers
Ability to add subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* The ability to multi task
* A keen eye for detail
* Strong organizational skills
* The ability to thrive in fast paced high stress situations
* The ability to communicate security issues to peers and management
* Ability to define problems collect data establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger handle or feel reach with hands and arms and stoop kneel crouch or crawl. The employee must
frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you are a current FIB employee please apply through the Career Worklet in the Employee Portal.