Department Of Agriculture
Deputy Sheriff (F002) jobs are vacant in Cottage Grove,OR. The Department Of Agriculture it's specialized into Security & Protective Services industry. Currently the headquarters are in Oregon.
Deputy Sheriff (F002) job positions are vacant on Department Of Agriculture company, located in Cottage Grove with a rate of $14.80-29.45/hour.
More details about the job listing:
THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on theForest Service website.
See ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for details.
Learn more about this agency
* Duties listed are at full performance grade GS 07 level.
* Administer routine aspect of the prescribed fire fuels plan.
* Ensure that preparation ignition holding mop up and rehabilitation are completed to the standards specified.
* Assist in monitoring fire behavior evaluating fire effects identifying potential problems and making basic recommendations.
* Provide training needs to support prescribed fire and fuels management programs.
* Participate in drafting prescribed fire fuels management plans following the interagency template.
* Review fuel treatment alternatives.
Occasional travel You may be expected to travel overnights on fire suppression or fire related assignments for this position.
* Job family Series
0462 Forestry Technician
Conditions of Employment
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
* Males born after 12 31 59 must be registered for Selective Service or exempt.
* Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and or fingerprint check.
* Successful completion of one year probationary period unless previously served.
* Per Public Law 104 134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
* Successfully pass the E Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E Verify including your rights and responsibilities visit E Verify.
* Must be 18 years of age.
* This is a Test Designated Position. You will be tested for illegal drugs prior to appointment and randomly thereafter. Appointment and continued employment is conditional on negative results.
* Must pass the Work Capacity Test for certain Interagency Fire Program Management or Fire Program Management positions.
* Minimum of 90 days of wildland firefighting experience is required.
* Willing to live work in remote locations volatile unpredictable .
* Some Fire positions may have Conditions of Employment such as: a valid state driver s license a commercial driver s license CDL pre appointment and random drug testing or a physical or medical examination.
* There may be additional Conditions of Employment not listed here however applicants will be notified of any specific requirements at the time a tentative job offer is made.
In order to qualify you must meet the eligibility and qualifications requirements as defined below by the applicant submission date of the announcement. For more information on the qualifications for this position visit the Office of Personnel Management s General Schedule Qualification Standards.
To receive consideration for this position you must provide updated required documents and meet all qualification requirements by the following applicant submission date of this announcement: 15 September 2021 15 November 2021 18 January 2022 Closing Date .
Your application and resume must clearly show that you possess the experience requirements. Transcripts must be provided for qualifications based on education. Provide course descriptions as necessary.
Specialized Experience Requirement:
For the GS 6 level: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level GS 5 OR one full year 18 semester 27 quarter hours of successfully completed graduate level coursework that is directly related to the work of the position such as forestry range management agriculture OR combinations of graduate level education that is directly related to the position and specialized experience. The education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university.
Examples of specialized experience for the GS 06 level are: Participating in prescribed fire operations including line preparation igniting and or holding strategies. Collecting and compiling fuels management field inventory data where a variety of fuel variations were involved. Inventorying fuel beds preparing associated reports performing hazard fuel reduction projects monitoring burning conditions piling vegetation debris and or acted in assigned positions such as ignition or holding specialist or other designated positions during actual fuel reduction efforts by prescribed fire.
For the GS 7 level: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level GS 6 OR one full year 18 semester 27 quarter hours of successfully completed graduate level coursework that is directly related to the work of the position such as forestry range management agriculture OR combinations of graduate level education that is directly related to the position and specialized experience. The education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university.
Examples of specialized experience for the GS 07 level are: Participating in routine aspects of inventorying and monitoring for wildland fire prescribed fire and or natural resource activities. Planning and directing field resource data collection for fuel hazard management program. Assisting in developing and implementing specific plans for fuels treatment projects.
Selective Placement Factors
Successfully completed the Primary NWCG Core Requirement of FFT1 AND Successfully completed the Secondary NWCG Core Requirement of Incident Commander Type 5 ICT5 .
A minimum 90 days experience performing on the line Primary Rigorous wildland fire suppression duties as a member of an organized fire suppression crew or comparable unit that utilized knowledge of wildland fire suppression containment or control techniques and practices under various conditions. This experience must be documented with specific dates in the online application or resume.
In order to be considered for this position copies of your Incident Qualification and Certification System IQCS Master Record or equivalent training documents which contain documented proof of the certification or attainment of the IFPM Selective Placement Factor for this position MUST be attached to your application. Red cards are not acceptable documentation. Currency Requirement: Required to maintain currency once hired into the position. Currency of NWCG qualifications is not required for selection. If not currently qualified the applicant must provide documented evidence that they have been fully qualified in the past and are able to regain currency within one year of being hired. Failure to provide this documentation will result in disqualification.
This position has been identified under the Interagency Fire Program Management IFPM or Forest Service Fire Program Management FS FPM and is subject to selective placement factor requirements contained in the Interagency Fire Program Management IFPM Standard and Guide when filling this vacancy. IFPM or FS FPM selective placement factors are made up of a primary and secondary National Wildfire Coordinating Group NWCG core Incident Management Qualifications and Required Training. The applicant must possess these qualifications at the applicable complexity level to be considered eligible for this position.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work done through National Service programs e.g. Peace Corps AmeriCorps and other organizations e.g. professional philanthropic religious spiritual community student social . Volunteer work helps build critical competencies knowledge and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience including volunteer experience.
FIREFIGHTER RETIREMENT COVERAGE: This is a secondary position covered under the special retirement provisions of 5 USC 8336 c for the Civil Service Retirement System and of 5 USC 8412 d for the Federal Employees Retirement System.
WORK CAPACITY TEST WCT for Wildland Firefighters: This position participates in wildland firefighting activities. Based on the type of work performed TAKING and PASSING the WCT at the ARDUOUS level is a condition of employment.
See Qualifications Section for educational requirements.