Genesee & Wyoming Inc.
Concrete/Asphalt Batch Plant Operator jobs are vacant in Medford,OR. The Genesee & Wyoming Inc. it's specialized into Manufacturing industry. Currently the headquarters are in Oregon.
Concrete/Asphalt Batch Plant Operator job positions are vacant on Genesee & Wyoming Inc. company, located in Medford with a rate of $11-17/hour.
More details about the job listing:
The person in this position works as a crew member to maintain repair and replace rails ties switches and ballast. This position uses hand tools and operates heavy equipment. The position starts as a track maintainer with an opportunity to qualify as a machine operator. Must be able to obtain a Class A CDL driver s license within 6 months of hire.
* Repair and rebuild railroad track using hydraulic or hand tools
* Remove and replace ties and rails pull and drive spikes shovel rock ballast load and unload equipment and material
* Use various types of tools and equipment including tampers regulators backhoes torches hammers jacks and other mechanical hydraulic and pneumatic tools
* Perform routine maintenance and troubleshoot problems on equipment
* Complete written forms and reports including FRA reports as required
* Be familiar with federal and state regulations as they relate to the railroad industry
* Ability to update rules and manuals to assure continuous compliance with all federal regulations
* Adhere to and promote safe work practices as determined by the railroad
* Manage other projects and perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND OR EXPERIENCE:
* Ability to complete written forms and reports including FRA reports as required
* Working knowledge of and familiarity with equipment such as tampers regulators torches hammers jacks and other mechanical hydraulic and pneumatic tools
* Ability to perform routine maintenance and troubleshoot problems on equipment
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions and federal and state regulation
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Experience with heavy hand tools and previous work in an outside environment preferred
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND OR CREDENTIALS:
* High school diploma or GED or an equivalent combination of education and work experience a plus
* Valid driver s license required
* Commercial Driver s License CDL is a plus. Must be able to obtain a Class A CDL driver s license within 6 months of hire.
This position is employed by the specific entity set forth in the job posting.
Genesee Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race color religion sex including pregnancy and gender identity national origin political affiliation sexual orientation marital status disability genetic information age membership in an employee organization retaliation parental status military service or any other protected status under federal state or local laws.