Bilingual (Spanish) Instructional Assistant - Washington County jobs are vacant in Portland,OR. The OHSU it's specialized into Education industry. Currently the headquarters are in Oregon.
Bilingual (Spanish) Instructional Assistant – Washington County job positions are vacant on OHSU company, located in Portland with a rate of $9-29/hour.
More details about the job listing:
The OHSU Knight Cancer Institute is a world leader in treating leukemia. Our director Dr. Brian Druker is an internationally recognized pioneer in precision cancer medicine. Dr. Druker played a central role in developing Gleevec a daily pill for chronic myelogenous leukemia CML that has saved tens of thousands of lives. Now he is helping lead Beat AML a major effort to find better treatments for acute myeloid leukemia.
Every Knight Cancer employee is expected to embody our guiding principles:
* We act BOLDLY-Breakthroughs require pushing the boundaries of science exploring new frontiers and thinking differently
* We SUPPORT each other-Respect leads to trust which leads to excellence
* We work as a CONNECTED team – We must leverage our collective brain power to conquer cancer because no one individual can do it alone
Function Duties of Position
This position will support the development of methods for identification of novel gene targets and signaling mechanisms that contribute to cancer pathogenesis. To identify these novel mechanisms we utilize various in vitro and in vivo state-of-art techniques as well as functional genomics based approaches. General responsibilities include mammalian tissue culture manipulation of patient bone marrow flow cytometry small animal handling other molecular biology laboratory techniques analysis and organization of the data and presentation of the data. Salary will be commensurate with experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is capable and willing to make maximum use of excellent facilities and a productive environment.
* Performs standardized routine molecular biology procedures and receives general supervision to perform technical procedures such as electrophoresis DNA subcloning and DNA purification from bacterial cultures cell cultures and patient sample processing
* Collect record organize the data keep detailed and accurate laboratory records tabulate data perform calculations prepare charts graphs work reports and regulatory documents
* Perform small animal handling experiments with general supervision primarily mice
* Maintain bacterial and tissue cultures for experimental purposes
* Bachelors Degree 4 yr with major courses in field of research No Experience – OR – AA 2 yr and 3 years of relevant experience
* Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team while being collaborative in resolving problems
* Ability to use good judgment and to monitor completion of assigned duties
* Ability to operate complex scientific equipment
* In depth knowledge of specific areas of responsibility
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills
* Prior laboratory experience
Apply online. Please be sure to upload a Cover Letter and Resume CV.
All are welcome
Oregon Health Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or aaeo ohsu.edu.