APLA - Principal Engineer jobs are vacant in Camas,OR. The nLIGHT it's specialized into Engineering industry. Currently the headquarters are in Oregon.
APLA – Principal Engineer job positions are vacant on nLIGHT company, located in Camas with a rate of $48.20-110.50/hour.
More details about the job listing:
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company NASDAQ: LASR . nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial microfabrication aerospace and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver WA nLIGHT employs over 1 000 people with operations in the U.S. China and Europe.
Enable next generation of fiber lasers through process development and supporting transition from concept to high volume manufacturing. Drive continuous improvement activities in a manufacturing environment of released products support production and coordinate effectively with a wide range of cross functional groups.
* Ownership of existing Process and Equipment and development of new capability.
* Work on sustaining and improve yield through Process Areas
* As process owner be able to demonstrate process steps to others for training certification purposes
* Ability to take on Process ownership with minute attention to details
* Lead and execute process development in the area of packaging with automated and semi-automated tools.
* Support transition of new products from prototype to volume production utilizing FMEA DFSS and DFM.
* Coordinate effectively with cross functional groups Suppliers Operations Engineering Supply Chain and Quality to drive improvements Failure analysis yield improvements and cost reduction.
* Provide technical leadership and support to customer facing teams for resolving stakeholder concerns and business development.
* Drive continuous improvement opportunities and yield metrics utilizing wide variety of analytical techniques such as SPC DOE Gauge R R lean manufacturing and six sigma concepts.
* Support manufacturing of released processes and products including generating BOMs and routers documenting work instructions and support training of personnel.
* Evaluate procure and qualify new manufacturing equipment and tools.
* Direct daily activities of engineering technicians
* Bachelor s degree in Optics Electrical Engineering Material Science Mechanical Chemical Systems engineering or exceptional industrial experience in closely related technologies.
* Experience with optical metrology Optical benches and or Electrical test stations.
* Process and Project ownership with on-hands approach to development and problem solving.
* Strong record of problem solving and data analysis through structured methodologies
* Strong understanding of Qualification of Equipment for High volume manufacturing and Automated tools including limitations
* Excellent technical project management and teaming skills. Strong leadership and situational skills able to lead cross-functional and multi-site teams
* Understanding of new product introduction qualification and product lifecycle process.
* Experience in setting up new product lines and transitioning into automated high volume production.
* In addition to the above qualifications the ideal candidate embraces teamwork and mentoring opportunities among engineering technician and operations environments.
* Ability to improvise and utilize limited resources to obtain results and meeting schedules
* Graduate degree in EE Materials Optics or Mechanical Engineering
* 3 years experience in Process or product development using Equipment with high degree of Automation involving precision components SMT or wafer fab.
* Design of Automated high precision tools and assemblies
* Custom design on
* Knowledge and understanding of optical fibers fiber assemblies and termination optics test esp. data analysis laser diodes and a variety of metrology characterization failure analysis techniques.
* Hands on working experience with optical fibers lasers optics and precision opto-mechanical systems and tools.
* Knowledge of electrical schematics mechanical drawings basic tooling and fixture design.
* Background with the following processes and equipment is preferred: Optical Test benches die attach bonding wire ribbon bonding vacuum solder reflow ovens optical fiber alignment hermetic seam sealing solder and epoxies electro-optical electro-pneumatic and pressurized gas systems.
nLIGHT is proud to offer comprehensive COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
* Competitive compensation package
* 3 weeks of Paid Time Off per year increasing by 1 day each year up to 4 weeks plus paid holidays
* Eligible for health benefits on the 1st day of the month following start date
* Medical Dental Benefits including Prescription Orthodontia and Vision with premiums as low as 35.00 per pay period
* Flexible Spending and Health Spending Accounts
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* 401 k with company match
* Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability and Life Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position a Foreign Person that is not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin protected veteran status disability or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity please see these government posters: EEO is the Law and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process please contact Human Resources at 360 566-4460 or Hr nlight.net.